Overview | CIPT Certification
THE MOST RESPECTED AND GLOBALLY RECOGNIZED PRIVACY IN TECHNOLOGY CERTIFICATION FOR PERSONAL AND OPERATIONAL SUCCESS
Data protection authorities around the globe are enforcing regulations that mandate how data can be captured, stored and used. This makes technology, data and other professionals with dual literacy in both privacy and technology essential components to ensure operations meet privacy goals and mitigate risks.
Certified Information Privacy Technologist
The risk for organizations that do not comply with data privacy regulations is costly, as is the loss of customer trust. Companies that employ professionals with CIPT certifications are better able to apply strategies, policies, processes and techniques to manage cybersecurity risks while enabling prudent data use for business purposes. IAPP Certified Information Privacy Technologists can:
- Build privacy-friendly products, services and processes by embedding data protection throughout every stage of development.
- Recognize benefits and challenges of emerging technologies and how to use them while respecting customer privacy.
- Protect data from various forms of interference.
- Design software and systems to better ensure privacy.
- Establish privacy practices for data security and control, such as minimization, limited access and encryption.
- Audit infrastructure and communicate privacy issues with management, development, marketing and legal departments, and collaborate with them to produce solutions.
Show You Are the Technology Problem-solver Organizations Need
Your CIPT certification validates your deep understanding of privacy in technology and enables you to apply what you have learned immediately to your daily workflow as a technology and data professional. Achieving certification validates your dual literacy in privacy and technology that translates around the globe. What’s more, IAPP certifications, including the CIPT, are widely hailed as the gold standard in privacy certification because they are also the only certifications in the industry accredited under ANSI/ISO specifications and recognized under standards set by the International Accreditation Forum.
We strongly encourage all potential test takers to read our Certification Candidate Handbook before their exam for details on our policies and procedures.